We constantly strive to improve existing products as well as to design new concepts. This is achieved through close cooperation with customers and experts.
Our solutions are already present in the daily lives of all of us. To assure a better future, Lhoist conducts substantial research to increase the benefits our products provide. At our pilot plant facilities, researchers simulate new methodologies to show how we can reinforce the expansion and enhancement of your product portfolios.
More than one thousand different types of limestone, dolomite and other minerals have already been discovered around the world. With extensive background and scientific knowledge, we adapt their properties and transform them into new and innovative industrial products.
Examples of Lhoist’s advanced applications include:
- highly reactive calcium hydroxides for dry flue gas treatment (Sorbacal®)
- a mineral-based sorbent material that removes dioxins, furans, PCB, and PAH from flue gas streams (Minsorb®)
- low-dust milled quicklime for soil treatment in civil engineering (Proviacal®)
- fluidized powdered quicklime for injection with magnesium in hot metal desulfurization (Flucal®)
- highly reactive, low viscosity liquid lime designed for treating acidic effluents (Neutralac® SLS45)
- stable milk of lime to protect tack coats in the road construction industry (Asphacal®)
- formulated limes to be used in combination with hemp shiv in order to insulate buildings with hemp-lime concrete (Tradical®)
- sustainable fertilization solutions under the name Oxyfertil® that are made up of lime, lime + minerals and lime + special fertilizers
- natural solutions for animal hygiene and disease control (Saniblanc®) which can also be used for organic farming systems
- reliable calcium and magnesium mineral solutions for animal feed programs (Faunacal®, Calcio-Feed™)
Lhoist has a centralized corporate R&D laboratory in Belgium. Our development teams in other regions (France, Germany, Brazil and USA) also actively contribute to the development of new and sustainable concepts.