- About us
- Markets & Solutions
- People & careers
Flue Gas Treatment
Flue Gas Treatment
Waste incineration and many other industrial processes generate flue gases. These often contain pollutants such as sulfur oxides (SO2 + SO3), hydrochloric acid (HCl), hydrofluoric acid (HF) as well as heavy metals, dioxins and furans. Lime, hydrated lime and limestone-based products are highly efficient reagents for capturing contaminants. When mixed with other components, they also remove so-called micro-pollutants.
Your activities have their own requirements in terms of pollutant capture; emission limits, hardware, etc. We provide customized solutions via different products:
- Sorbacal® is a product portfolio for the removal of major acid pollutants (SOx, HCl and HF).
- Sorbacal® Micro products are used for the elimination of micro pollutants (PCCD/DF, PAH, PCB and Hg).
Our flue gas treatment (FGT) solutions are ideal for processes that use different types of fuel; from lignite and hard coal to biomass and refuse-derived fuel (RDF).
Benefiting from a worldwide network of expertise backed by strong R&D resources, in-depth experience and specific on-site trial equipment, we provide:
- high-quality products (lime, limestone, dolomite, minerals, etc.)
- reliable and cost-effective solutions
- full assistance and technical support for end users, as well as owners and FGT system builders.
Who uses lime products in the Flue Gas Treatment?
A wide range of industries are catered to, including:
- minerals (cement, glass, ceramic, brick and tile, etc.)
- non-ferrous (copper, aluminum, lead, etc.)
- ferrous (sinter, electric arc furnace, coke oven, blast furnace, etc.)
Lhoist’s solutions offer particular benefits to:
- compatible with different fuel types
- security of supply
- wide variation of products that can be adapted to your needs
- combination of proven technologies
Waste to energy industry
- reduced FGT costs (lower stoichiometric ratio, less residues for disposal)
- improved efficiency due to high pore volume and surface area
- greater variation of waste input quality - due to Sorbacal®’s performance
- increased fuel flexibility (low and high pollutant input)
- compliance with regulations using Lhoists’ creative FGT combined solutions
- reduced FGT costs due to higher efficiency.
To discover how to use lime or limestone optimally for your specific application(s), click on the appropriate process.