- About us
- Markets & Solutions
- People & careers
Our expectations for Lhoist Suppliers
Your fresh and creative ideas not only grow our relationship, but also offer mutual benefits and help drive us all toward excellence.
- Honor commitments to deliver ordered products and services on time to the correct Lhoist designated location, in the requested quantity and with consistent lead times.
- Recognize the responsibility associated with supplying Lhoist on a 24/7 basis. Demonstrate flexibility to adjust supply capabilities to our customers' requirements.
- Establish and communicate your supply contingency plans to Lhoist to bridge any potential disruption to supply, including those resulting from force majeure events.
- Proactively provide relevant economic, financial and commercial information pertaining to your company to help Lhoist assess the short- and long-term risks associated with our relationship.
- Strive to consistently deliver goods and services at a benchmark level of quality.
- Comply with applicable Lhoist specifications for packaging, labeling, storage, shipping, tracking, and containerization.
- Deploy a documented quality management system capable of meeting the latest ISO 9000 standards. Ensure that processes are controlled by regular monitoring and measurement of critical output, allowing focused attention to potential undesirable trends.
- Maintain records that support component traceability and strive to resolve any customer complaint with a sense of urgency.
- Use a Total Quality Management (TQM) approach to continuously improve the reliability of products and services.
- Continuously strive to minimize total cost of ownership.
- Focus on generating year-over-year improvements that result in lower costs to Lhoist.
- Support cost transparency in communications with Lhoist.
- Be committed to challenge all cost elements across the complete supply chain.
- Drive toward maintaining a world-class cost position for yourself and Lhoist.
- Provide technical support throughout the full lifecycle of materials sold to Lhoist.
- Generate innovative ideas that enable Lhoist to differentiate itself in the marketplace.
- Partner with Lhoist for timely delivery of innovations through new technologies.
- Use information technology to drive standardization and simplification of both business processes and product platforms.
Environment, Health and Safety
- Comply with all applicable local, regional and national regulatory requirements, as well as with Lhoist’s EH&S standards for suppliers.
- Commit to achieving and demonstrating continuous improvement in EH&S performance.
- Communicate freely, completely and accurately the hazards of the products/services that you provide and supply all requested information regarding your EH&S performance.
- Assure all materials supplied are appropriately registered for their intended use and are in compliance with country-specific regulations.
- Comply with all applicable local, regional and national laws and regulations.
- Demand that all your employees exhibit the highest standards of business integrity and ethics.
- Actively protect the confidentiality of all Lhoist information.
Should you want to add value to Lhoist, please contact us!